- Tell me your story
- Describe the perfect job
- If you were me, what kind of candidate / role would you be looking for?
- If you joined and then in 3-6 months you were no longer here, why would that be?
- What was your last boss/partner like? How would they describe you?
- Teach me something or how did you go about learning X new thing (usually jumping off something they mentioned as an interest)?
- When you think about your best colleagues in prior jobs, what made them stand out?
- What would someone who doesn’t like you say about you?”
- What would you change about your last role? Both function and management wise
- If you had multiple job offers on the table, how would you choose between them?
- What have you built that you are most proud of?
- Explain to me why would our company fail?
- Where have you gotten lucky in your career?
- Professionally, what's the coolest thing you've ever achieved?
- What are your personal "best practices" for working collaboratively? What systems or tools have worked well for you in the past?
- How do you make a final decision?
- Tell me something that's true that almost nobody agrees with you on
- Describe a time where you received difficult feedback. How did you change as a result?
- What can you tell me about our company?
- Who were you selling to? What made them tick?
- Walk me through an outbound sale you closed start to finish
- Tell me about your current targets and how you've done
- Tell me about a time when you lost a sale
- Whats more effective: outbound or inbound sales and why?
- How do you organize your day?
- What's your least favorite thing about sales?
- What are your personal "best practices" for nurturing leads?
- What's your secret to closing a deal?
- What makes you better than other AEs?
- Tell me about a time in your sales career where you needed to start a territory from scratch. What did you do the first 30 days? What would you have done differently?
How to hire the best people you've ever worked with by Marc Andresseen
The Jeff Bezos 3 Question Test
- Will you admire this person?
- Will this person raise the average level of effectiveness of the group they’re entering?
- Along what dimension might this person be a superstar? What are other non-obvious questions?